We are pleased to release the Year 8 Term 2 assessments. If you are following the NCELP Schemes of Work, the ‘assessment week’ is Week 4 of Term 2.1. The Year 8 test is similar in style to the achievement tests released in Year 7, in that it is designed to assess students’ knowledge of a principled sample of phonics, vocabulary, and grammar (PVG) features. We have taken student progression and feedback from the previous tests into account and have adapted the design and wording of some questions accordingly. 50% of the features in each test are from the Year 7 scheme of work, 50% are from Y8 up to and including Term 2.1 Week 3. Visit the collections below for materials.
Completing tests remotely
These ‘pen & paper’ tests can be completed by students either in class or at home. Word documents with clickable tick boxes and embedded links to Vocaroo are provided so that students can email their responses to teachers in one document. Pre-recorded audio files, with instructions and pauses built in, are provided for teachers to disseminate alongside the test papers.
- Year 8 French Term 2.1 Assessments
- Year 8 German Term 2.1 Assessments
- Year 8 Spanish Term 2.1 Assessments
Here, you will find, for each language:
- the achievement test
- the mark scheme
- the transcript for the listening sections of each test
- accompanying audio recordings, in mp3 format
- excel score logs, with a short instruction guide
- a practice test containing example questions and rubrics that closely mirror those used in the real test.
Related NCELP links: